Our Winter 2023 Newsletter
From a beloved best seller to sweet team celebrations, it has been our best year yet!
Best Seller of 2023: Chester Chest 🌟
We’re thrilled to announce that Chester Chest is VATA’s Best Seller of 2023! This healthcare simulation model, a go-to industry tool for central line care education, has not only won the hearts of our customers, but also holds a special place in VATA’s history.
Over 37 years ago, VATA founder, Tom Call, created the first prototype of Chester Chest in his garage. To this day, our very first product remains one of our most successful–a testament to the quality, realism, and longevity of VATA products and the visionary who started it all.
We will always prioritize the quality, realism, and durability of our products, coupled with an unwavering commitment to innovation. As we explore new ways to support our customers, stay tuned for exciting new products in the pipeline for 2024!
Celebrating Team VATA 🎉
As we close out our best year yet, we’re reflecting on the incredible team that makes it all happen. Your hard work, collaboration, and dedication to excellence is unmatched, and we couldn’t be more proud to call you our VATA family!
Join us as we dive into some cherished traditions and introduce you to some of our incredible team members:
Christmas Lunch 🌲
We just celebrated our annual Christmas lunch, a festive tradition that we look forward to all year long! This special gathering is a time for us to come together, enjoy a delicious meal at a local restaurant, and revel in the joy of each other’s company away from the office hustle.
One of the highlights of our Christmas lunch is the white elephant gift exchange game, adding an extra layer of excitement and laughter to the festivities. We had a wonderful time together, shared in some holiday cheer, and created lasting memories with our fantastic VATA team!
Treat Meetings: A Peek into a Sweet Weekly Tradition 🍰
At VATA, we believe in celebrating our successes and getting to know our team members not only as colleagues, but as people. Our weekly Treat Meetings bring everyone together for a fun tradition of sharing sweet treats, laughter, company updates, and some friendly competition.
To kick off each meeting, one team member brings a treat to share with the team, followed by a round of VATA’s version of “The Price is Right”! Andrew picks two random items from our massive inventory–ranging from a cardboard box to a piece of machinery–and the game begins! Whoever guesses the closest price without exceeding the total cost wins a gift card!
Next, we discuss company updates, anniversaries, and accomplishments, ensuring everyone feels valued and connected to what’s going on at VATA and to one another. At a recent meeting, we celebrated Alfredo’s 19-year anniversary with us–congratulations and thank you for all that you do, Alfredo!
Get to Know Us: Spotlight on the Production Team 🌟
This month, we’re shining a light on our incredible production team! Paolina (left), Jenny (center), and Norma (right) comprise our small, yet mighty shipping department. When you receive a VATA product, rest assured knowing that it has been carefully processed, packaged, and shipped by this stellar trio!
Paolina joined our team in 2021 and in her short time with us, has become a valued member of our VATA team!
- What is your fondest memory from the last year at VATA? I’ve only been here a year, but my fondest memory is when we had our present exchange before Christmas.
- In your opinion, what makes VATA different? VATA makes you feel welcome.
- What is your favorite VATA product? Bone Marrow Biopsy (BMB)
- What is your favorite holiday tradition? Our Christmas Lunch!
Jenny is our newest production team member, and we’re thrilled to welcome her to the VATA family!
- What is your fondest memory from the last year at VATA? I’ve only been working here a couple of months, but I like how there is a day of the week where someone shares something fun they did and shares memories–also, bringing something to eat and share with everyone!
- In your opinion, what makes VATA different? VATA is different because the environment is friendly. You feel like you’re with family. Everyone gets along and I like that.
- What is your favorite VATA product? Chester Chest and making the 2365 Advanced Venipuncture Training Aid.
- What is your favorite holiday tradition? My favorite holiday tradition is Christmas Eve. The whole family gets together and we eat, play games, and stay up all night. When 12am hits, we open our Christmas gifts.
Norma has been a cherished member of our VATA team for going on 13 years!
- What is your fondest memory from the last year at VATA? Our Christmas luncheon. It is always fun!
- In your opinion, what makes VATA different? VATA makes me feel like family, not like a worker.
- What is your favorite VATA product? Bonnie Bone Marrow and Freddie Fistula.
- What is your favorite holiday tradition? Thanksgiving. We all as a family get together around the table to give thanks for all we have received through the year and all the food we share.
Gift Ideas: Give the Gift of Realism 🎁
Looking for the perfect gift? Consider our compact models–ideal stocking stuffers! For med students, explore the ultimate trainer for students on the go–the Suture Skills Trainer–and the Vascular Access Ultrasound Phantom models. Nursing students will love the Advanced Venipuncture Training Aids and Port Body in a Box Models.
Warmest Holiday Wishes from VATA! 🌲
As we approach the festive season, the VATA family extends our warmest wishes to yours. May your holidays be filled with joy, laughter, and the spirit of togetherness. Thank you for being a part of our incredible journey.
Cheers to a successful 2023 and the exciting products and opportunities for learning, connecting, and innovating that lie ahead!